Re: ldconfig responds with Illegal Instruction, cannot

Chris Purves wrote:

> A recent upgrade with aptitude on testing exited halfway through with
> the following error:
>
> Preconfiguring packages ...
> Setting up libpam0g (0.76-23) ...
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/libpam0g.postinst: line 3: 31771 Illegal
> instruction     ldconfig

I'd take a look at line 3 and the surrounding code of the
libpam06.postinst script and see if anything looks odd, like a
semi-colon in the wrong place, or if it's trying to overwrite a certain
file, I'd check the attributes on that file or maybe move it manually, etc.

--
Kent