Re: Hardware RAID advices needed

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
Hi all!

I'm finally back after getting a nasty project on my back, and I have a

off your back?

question... I'm thinking about buying a hardware RAID controller for my desktop. The main reason I don't want to go with software RAID is that my mobo IDE controllers are allready full with other stuff, and one of them may have a problem. So, I would need some kind of controller anyway.

I'm not doing it for performance, just for reliability. Yeah, I have additional backup, but I like the idea that the data will be accessible even if a disk crashes. So, that's main priority.

<snip>

Kjetil,

You did not get any recommendations. Your reason for purchase is appealing. But the price differences are huge.

What are you going to do?