Re: sarge: the worst distro?

i don't use gnome or kde, i use twm and plan to use fvwm. i am happy with mozilla, i take no interest in firefox or others and they don't seem to support Java. i re-installed woody and use netscape which has java support

one of best things about debian is well-defined packages, i mean it use little disk, perhaps it save most disk space among major distros. i don't use kde or gnome because they take big disk space without adding value to me.

i download  1st CD and  burn to CD-RW, so no loss

From: "Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net>
To: a joe <null2004@hotmail.com>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: sarge: the worst distro?
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:42:30 -0400

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 10:37:14PM +0000, a joe wrote:
> i have used Debian 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, potato and woody. with each new version come
> some new features that i found useful.
>
> a few days ago i installed sarge and found it the worst Debian distro because
> no new features is valuable to me.

Wow.  You have a real strange sense of what constitutes a feature.  Two
completely upgraded major desktop environments and a number of upgraded
minor desktop environments and support for a host of new applications
like Firefox, Thunderbird, Apache2, OpenOffice.org, and so on, are just
a small fraction of what has changed.

In any case, just send the CDs back with the receipt and original proof
of purchase.  I am sure the Debian project will happily refund you 1000%
percent of the purchase price.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez