Re: Compiling Kernel for Bootsplash: The Whole Seven Metres.

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 16:36 -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
[snip]

> Any way, have you any advice to get me closer to me goal of
> Bootsplashedness?

You might find this url helpful:

http://hacks.oreilly.com/pub/h/3124

FWIW, I've got bootsplash here working fine on a 2.6.11 kernel but I
cannot get it to work properly on a 2.6.12 one (I get the picture but
not the progress bar). You may have better luck. In my case, it could be
complicated by my running the new set of ATI 3d drivers and all their
multifarious extra config settings. However, bootsplash does look a bit
hit or miss on Debian. The other thing to watch out for is that some of
the bootsplash themes are grotesquely awful and an ordinary scrolling
log or even a blank screen might be preferable to them.

:)

Fish