Re: Compiling Kernel for Bootsplash: The Whole Seven Metres.

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 03:48:25PM -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
> Before I go any further, yes, I need bootsplash: My computer is dual-boot
> and the other user insists on A: Using Windows and B: Shutting Down every
> Evening. In addition, I shall be getting a lap-top soon.

What do any of those have to do with needing bootsplash?  No one *needs*
bootsplash.

> (By the bye, why doesn't Debian have Bootsplash as a standard?)

Is there some particular reason it should?  Most people actually *use* the
computer rather than rebooting it over and over and over and over...

--
 Marc Wilson |     Having no talent is no longer enough.  -- Gore Vidal
 msw@cox.net |