Re: Compiling Kernel for Bootsplash: The Whole Seven Metres.

> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, David R. Litwin wrote:
>
> My appologies: I really, really want Bootsplash.

than you be able to make it work "yourself", as it is tons of work

> As I wrote (and so alluded to), my computer IS re-booted quite a bit.

bad boy ...

i asume you do know, that your system is statisticly more likely
to die exponentionally each time you reboot your PC.. the more
you reboot it, the lifespan of your machine just wend down significantly

	- i bet you do not have working PCs that are 10 years old
	and still doing its mail/web magic

> Besides, it's æsthetically pleasing (to me)

than when bootsplash is working, you'd be a happy genious

> Any way, have you any advice to get me closer to me goal of
> Bootsplashedness?

http://linux-boot.net/Splash/

and doing "x11" stuff in framebuffer is equally fun and a good
techi-ness status

c ya
alvin