[Fwd: Re: Every fifth character blurred in text]

--- Begin Message ---
Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
In article [🔎] 431C6C1B.8010700@eskimo.com"><[🔎] 431C6C1B.8010700@eskimo.com>,
Xeno Campanoli  <xeno@eskimo.com> wrote:

I'm not that familiar with the kind of words I should use for this video
problem with every sixth character blurred.  I wonder if there's another
word I should use for google searches?  Can anyone make a suggestion?

Do you have an LCD screen? Is the resolution your card is running
under the same as the resolution of the screen ?

The effect you're describing can happen when e.g. you have a 1024x768
monitor and your graphics card is running in 800x600.

That sounds like it could be it.  I do have a sharp LCD screen.  The recommended resolution stated on page 29 is 1280x1024.  Looks like my highest resolution in the XF86Config-4 file is 1152x864.  Can you suggest a good way to generate a new XF*-4 file?
Mike.

--- End Message ---