Re: Every fifth character blurred in text and window manager too large

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

Kent West wrote:

Xeno Campanoli wrote:

I've got this install of Debian on my brand new emachine T3985 Desktop PC

I have no idea what a T3985 is, or what hardware it has.
Ok. Thanks. Here is the hardware it says on the box (and I include a web site link too):

340 Intel D Processor 340 2.93 GHz, 256 L2 Cache 533 MHz FSB
Video Intel Extreme Graphics 2, 3D

It's got the video and sound integrated into the motherboard. The LCD monitor I'm trying to use works fine when I plug it into my already installed SuSE system (which has crashed and gone now, or at least mostly, as the drive seems to be toast). Monitor is listed as Shapr LL193.

http://compreviews.about.com/od/budgetdesk/gr/eMachinesT3985.htm

<snip>

3)  Every fifth or sixth text character is blurred and just generally
text is grainy, so I think I have a video configuration problem
4)  Some pulldown windows (thunderbird, for instance) have the
pulldown window options go white when I have the mouse against them so
I can't read the text of the option except when the mouse is NOT
selecting it.

dpgk-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

and/or

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86-common