Re: PDF Plugin in Firefox Deer Park

    1. Install Adobe Reader.
Done.
   2. Create a symbolic link to nppdf.so to your Mozilla plugins directory.

Hmmm.... I tried removing the nppdf.so and replacing it with a symbolic link. No difference.

   3. Ensure a copy of acroread is in your PATH.

That may be the problem:  acroread
acroread: error while loading shared libraries: libBIB.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory The same happens with root.

Alternatively, Adobe Reader 7.0 includes a script for installing the
browser plugin. This script is installed at the following location by
default:

/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/install_browser_plugin

Tried that. I had to choose Global (1) since I have it installed to /usr/local/firefox. It makes a copy and not a symbolic link.

I think the problem is in this. If you think not, I shall try the manager et cetera.