Re: PDF Plugin in Firefox Deer Park

On 8/16/05, David R. Litwin <presently42@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed Adobe Reader for Linux which works nicely. It comes
> with a Plugin for Mozilla, which I should think works in Firefox. Now,
> yes, I am using Deer Park, but it doesn't matter: It didn't work when
> I had standard Firefox and it doesn't work now.
>
> I googled it and it seems that other people have had this problem:
> Apparently, some thing to do with mozilla plugger fixed it. But, I
> haven't got this (in fact, I would like to remove Mozilla: I don't use
> it at all).
>
> So, how do I fix this?
>
> I know that I amn't giving enough information: I do not know what to
> give. Please, tell me what you need to help me and I shall provide it.
>
> Thank you Kindly in Advance.

Ok starting with what you want to do. Are you trying to remove Mozilla
or are you trying to fix the PDF plugin problem? if you are asking
about PDF problem then you need to find nppdf.so file in the browser
plugin folder/directory under your Acrobat directory. copy this file
to your plugins folder under firefox and restart firefox. if you need
more then reply and i will try to help.

if u r asking how to remove mozilla then it depends on how you
installed it. if u installed with Debian/apt-get then just type
apt-get remove --purge mozilla as root and it will be done.

if i have misunderstood ur question ... apologies.
ganesh