Re: PDF Plugin in Firefox Deer Park

I installed Firefox from the website. It is installed at the path /usr/local/firefox. The nppdf.so is located in /usr/local/firefox/plugins. Adobe Reader is in /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0 (from there it branches to the different folders. The programme itself is in ~/bin/acroread.). In Firefox, under Preferences/Downloads/Download Actions, PDF Portable Document Format Open with Adobe Reader 7.0. When I open a pdf (say, some sheet music from http://www.sheetmusicarchive.net), it opens a new tab (I installed a plugin that asks if I wish to open it in a new tab, download it or View as HTML in a New Tab (not too sure what that does; perhaps when this is rectified I shall know.)) and proceeds to do nothing. It seems not to download, rather it displays a blank, white page with the address of the PDF in the tab. No more.

What now?

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.