Re: Dead mantis

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 13:45, Graham Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just upgraded my mantis bug tracking database but it has died during
> the upgrade. Whenever I visit any page that requires database access
> (basically all of them) I get the error message:
>
> Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required
> '/usr/share/mantis/gui/core/adodb/adodb.inc.php' (include_path='.')
> in /usr/share/mantis/gui/core/database_api.php on line 26
>
> I think this might have happened with a previous upgrade as well but I
> don't remember how I fixed it and no amount of tinkering seems to have
> fixed it.
>
> Any ideas how I can fix this?
>
> Many thanks, Graham.

For those wondering I have found the solution. Someone beat me to the bug
report.  The bug report indicates that this only affects unstable but it also
affects testing.

Solution: A symlink is created in /usr/share/mantis/gui/core to ../../../adodb
which has moved to ../../../php/adodb. Simply delete the existing symlink and
add a new one e.g.

cd /usr/share/mantis/gui/core
rm adodb
ln -s ../../../php/adodb .