FW: making backup using rsync in home LAN

H. S. wrote:
> ... suggest how to backup the laptop data from it's Windows (NTFS)
> paritition. ...

I use Cygwin and a Perl script that uses ntbackup to backup C:\Documents and
Settings to a second hard drive.  I then run another Perl script on my Debian
3.1 backup server which copies out the backup(s) using rsync over ssh (Cygwin is
running sshd).  When I ran my machines 24x7, everything was done by cron.  Now I
run the scripts manually each night before I shut everything down.

HTH,

David