Re: monitor PC2000 F17 69T technical informations?

> Okay, my .videogen is:
> mode 1024x768
> nvidia off
> max_dotclk=68   # Monitors maximum dot rate.
> max_hfreq=69; max_vfreq=120
>
> videogen generate now this:
> Modeline "1024x768" 68.00 1024 1056 1088 1312 768 770 773 808  # 68 \
> MHz, 51.8 kHz, 64.1 Hz

Hmmm...I am not familiar with using 'videogen' to generate modelines. In
fact, it has been a VERY long time since I have even worked with
modelines. The only way I configure X in debian now is to run:
`dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86`

Then, when it gets to the screen that says "Please choose a method for
selecting your monitor characteristics.", I select 'Advanced'.  The next
two screens are where I enter the horizontal sync range and vertical
refresh range.

> May I increase the max_dotclk slowly to get the 85 Hz vertical refresh
> rate?
> Because I have the dual boot system (Debian Sarge and Windows 2000) I
> get in the Windows system these settings:
> 1024x768 68.6 kHz 85 Hz (Mode 01 - I dont know what is it mean.)

If 'videogen' works like I think it does, I believe your procedure will
work.  (I just installed it.  Using your settings, I got about 85Hz vert
refresh at 1024x768 when using max_dotclk = 90).

I am no expert, but after looking around a bit it appears that
increasing the dotclock beyond what the monitor is rated for may be
relitively harmless.

>From 'XFree86 Video Timings HOWTO':
        "Having a pixel clock higher than the monitor's maximum
        bandwidth is rather harmless... It's exceeding the rated maximum
        sync frequencies that's problematic."
<http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/overd.html>

See also:
<http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/basic.html>

I hope some of this helps!
Kevin

> The OP might be able to determine the manufacurer and model number
> by looking up the FCC ID here:
>
> https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Thanks, Dave, for the link!  There are quite a few times this
would've/will come in handy.