Re: how to install ubuntu from hd ?

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 07:10:56PM +0100, belahcene wrote:
Hi,
I want to install directly ( ubuntu : debian base) from the iso in hd, I know how to do it in fedora and debian, but i coudn't find the appropriate installer, normally in FC for example we have the installer for network or from Hd in isolinux directory, so you 've juste declare in the menu.list of grub the link to the installer vmlinuz, it seems that is not the case here

in debian you've to download the corresponding vmlinuz ( it is not the same as the Cd installer) .

If someone has any idea , thank you for help
bela

If you are asking how to install Ubuntu from the harddrive, then you
should ask in the Ubuntu support forums.  I am not trying to be mean,
simply stating that people on this list are Debian users, not
necessarily Ubuntu users.  I would start there.

-Roberto

Yes I know but ubuntu is debian based and I think there are more people reading debian forum, by the way I ve just noticed that the content of the install directory is the same as Sarge network installation, so

any way thank for any help
best regards
bela