GNOME Wants Internet V6

I'm running Debian Sarge 2.8.1-6. Every time it starts, I get the following messages in .xsession-error:

_IceTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6
_IceTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/Pentium90:
_IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6

I've compiled my kernel without internet v6 support, and do not want to have to add it in just to make this message go away.

Anybody know what gnome setting I change to make it not try for v6?

Thanks,

Bryan