Re: how to install ubuntu from hd ?

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 07:10:56PM +0100, belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to  install directly ( ubuntu : debian base)  from the iso in hd, I know
> how to do it in fedora and debian,
> but i coudn't find the appropriate installer, normally in FC for example we
> have the installer for network or from Hd in isolinux directory, so you 've
> juste declare in the menu.list of grub the link to the installer vmlinuz, it
> seems that is not the case here
>
> in debian you've to download the corresponding vmlinuz ( it is not the same as
> the Cd installer) .
>

> If someone has any idea , thank you for help
> bela

If you are asking how to install Ubuntu from the harddrive, then you
should ask in the Ubuntu support forums.  I am not trying to be mean,
simply stating that people on this list are Debian users, not
necessarily Ubuntu users.  I would start there.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto