Re: WINE

Looks to me like CRYPTNET.dll is missing from your WINE's
fake_windows.  Did you run the MSN Messenger installer, or did you
simply run the EXE from an old Windows installation?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. I have partitioned by hard-drive and presently have access to windows 2000 pro (NTFS) via /mnt/windows. I went thither, browsed to where MSN is (under Programe Files\MSN Messenger) and clicked msnmessenger.exe which automatically opens it with WINE. Does that answer your query?

  Did you try
copying that DLL to the same place msnmsgr.exe is?

I can't from Linux. I also have no Idea where it is. Shouldn't WINE simply be able to look at what is being requested and get it from that place?

I have to admit, I feel a little...dirty for helping you run MSN
Messenger in WINE.  :)

Yes, I know, use Gaim. I do. And, I've tried amsn and Mercury. After looking at all of these, there is no comparison: My MSN (with all of the many plugins I have installed) is FAR superior (the only thing that I prefer Windows to Linux, actually).

> All I did, by the bye, was apt-get install wine wine-utils. Perhaps I must
> configure some thing? But, why, then, did Dariush (a Go programme) work?

Who knows?  Different programs are...different.  Some work, some don't.  :)

I see. Well, then, that's the He and the She of it, isn't it?

Is there any hope?

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.