Re: WINE

First, "It did not work" is not very helpful.  Please be more specific.

My appologies. It does indeed give a Log file. Here are the Contents:

err:module:import_dll Library CRYPTNET.dll (which is needed by L"D:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"D:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe" failed, status c0000135

Second, not all Windows apps are going to work in WINE.

Yes, I have visited the Database on WINE's Web-site. That is how I know that MSN works with WINE.

Third, what version of WINE did you install?

Wine 20050725

Fourth, open a console and type "killall wine".  You may also need to
"killall wineserver".

I'll remember that killall. It may come in handy.

All I did, by the bye, was apt-get install wine wine-utils. Perhaps I must configure some thing? But, why, then, did Dariush (a Go programme) work?

Thank you in advance.

--
�A watched bread-crumb never boils.
�My hover-craft is full of eels.