Re: Squid: problems with authentication of a user

On 8/12/05, Adam Garside <asg@gimp.shacknet.nu> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 10:26:36PM -0300, Romulo Sousa wrote:
> > Using pam_auth I can do that w/ no problems. But I would like to
> > understand a way to concetrate all users just in one file (in my case
> > /etc/squid/passwd).
> The pam_userdb.so module can be used to autheticate users from files
> other than /etc/passwd (this is how vsftpd handles virtual user
> authentication.)

Could you please tell me how I should point my file /etc/squid/passwd
to be read?
I got some PAM's howto's in which there were information about the
file "squid" that should be created into /etc/pam.d. But I'm not sure
the contents of these file. Actually I can't figure out the reason
that squid needs to read two files in different places to login a
user. I thought that htpasswd  would solve that. I'm not
understanding, also, why i should edit the file /etc/pam.d/squid with
information such as /lib/securety/pam_whatever.
Anyway....i'll keep exploiting this subject but i think that whatever
clue about it would be welcome (like a URL for instance).

Thanks you a lot!

Romulo Sousa