Squid: problems with authentication of a user

Hi folks,

I got a problem during the authentication process from my squid. THe
following erro message comes up my screen when I edit my squid.conf:

"Invalid Proxy Auth ACL 'acl remotenetwork proxy_auth my_user'
because no authentication schemes are fully configured.
FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 14: acl remotenetwork proxy_auth rssousa
Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE10): Terminated abnormally.
squid."

I've read a howto in which it was mentioning a external program that
works with squid for the authentication process in this way can be
completed (please, tell me if I'm comitting any mistakes). Just in
case to know that, I'm conecting to my proxy from a public internet.
In other words, from my outside network.

Another doubt: is there any way to throw the messagem away from the
bottom when the service is stopped?
"Generated Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:13:53 GMT by my_isp.com
(squid/2.5.STABLE10)" ??  The objective is avoid certain
reconnoissance of my machine.

Thanks all,

Romulo Sousa