Re: Squid: problems with authentication of a user

Hi there,

I wouldn't like to use pam_auth but a file passwd in which I have all
my users (including myself w/ different password of my that I use to
log in my system.
I've read a doc about getpwnam_auth. So, I've change the following
line of my squid.conf:
auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/getpwnam_auth

and created the users w/ :
htpasswd passwor my_user

then typed the password as well for each user.
Using pam_auth I can do that w/ no problems. But I would like to
understand a way to concetrate all users just in one file (in my case
/etc/squid/passwd).
The logon screen has showed me up but I can't login on my proxy using
the users I typed into the file "/etc/squid/passwd". Can somebody help
me to fix it?

Thanks all,

Romulo Sousa