Re: How does wdm detect and store window manger sessions?

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:32:40 +0200
strawks <strawks@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> On jeu, 2005-08-11 at 09:47 -0600, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
> > I've never modified wdm-config, but that's a nice option.  wdm will
> > call always ~/.xsession.  What I've always done is to call the WM I
> > want from ~/.xsession and that's it.  It might be I misunderstood
> > the question though, and also previous answer...
> >
> > Javier.
>
> I also use the .xsession but I think the question was how to add WM in
> the wdm login window (the drop downlist at the left of the window).

I am using GDM and have noticed that different WMs add differently to
the menu.  Sometimes just re-starting X will do it, sometimes I must
<update-menus>.  Maybe it's the same with WDM?

HTH

Cybe R. Wizard
--
"It was like a visit by Don Corleone. I expected to find
a bloody computer monitor in my bed the next day."