Re: Screen Size

David R. Litwin wrote:

Hello David,

I know it isn't the Monitor because I screwed up a bit when
re-installing. It asks the default size and I gave one that was once
size too big.
Good quality CRTs will handle this, but I must have missed a previous post with this detail.

I found the said file and the bits pertaining. But, there seem to be
quite a few. Should I change them all or only some?

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
Lack of accurate specification, will always breed a problem.

	HorizSync	28-48
	VertRefresh	43-72
	Option		"DPMS"
EndSection
These rates seem low, unless you have an older monitor.
I would go here...

http://www.monitorworld.com/monitors_home.html

...get the appropriate specs, and then do dpkg -reconfigure.

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage IIC 215IIC [Mach64 GT IIC]"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		1
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		4
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		8
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		15
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		16
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth		24
		Modes		"800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Thank you Kindly in advance.

(And, by the bye, my Screen is not what it has listed (I. E.: ATI
Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage IIC 215IIC [Mach64 GT IIC].).

This is your graphic card, not your screen.
As long as that has been identified correctly, it won't be part of the problem.

Does it
really matter or should I change it?)
I wouldn't touch it for now or you're going to find yourself with too many problems. Solve one at a time. Monitor first. If that doesn't work, we can start to look at things like card definitions.