Re: How do I get a /dev/fb0 from my Hercules Kyro?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:02:44PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> > Are you using udev?
>
> I'm using whatever Debian sarge installed by default just three days ago.
> How do I find out whether I'm using udev?
>
> > Did you loaded the correct module for your framebuffer?
>
> Probably not, unless it was autodetected.  I suspect that's
> the problem.  But what *is* the correct module for the
> framebuffer for the Hercules Kyro Prophet series of video cards,
> anyway?
>
> -- hendrik

Thanks for all the help so far.  I'm going on two weeks'
vacation now, where I'll have limited net access.  But
if all else fails,  I'll read your further replies when
I get back, and will still be working on this problem then.
I hope there'll be a better solution than trying to find
a PCI video card that is supported by Debian.

-- hendrik