Re: How do I get a /dev/fb0 from my Hercules Kyro?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 08:25:58PM +0200, wim wrote:
> Hendrik Boom wrote:

> >>Have you checked the permissions on the dev/fb0 file.  I had a similar
> >>problem with /dev/input/js* and it turned out to have the wrong
> >>permissions (600 instead of 660).
> >

> >ls -l /dev/fb0 gives:
> >
> >crw-rw----  1 root video 29, 0 2005-07-09 07:03 /dev/fb0
> >
> >And I checked -- I am a member of the video group.
> >So I suspect the /dev file is OK, but I am missing some kernel driver.
> >Is there any documentation anywhere which drivers support which /dev files?
> >
> >This machine could be a decent X-terminal (ceratinly better than the one
> >I used at work fifteen years ago) if I could only get this frame buffer
> >to work.
> >
> >-- hendrik
> >

> Are you using udev?

I'm using whatever Debian sarge installed by default just three days ago.
How do I find out whether I'm using udev?

> Did you loaded the correct module for your framebuffer?

Probably not, unless it was autodetected.  I suspect that's
the problem.  But what *is* the correct module for the
framebuffer for the Hercule Kyro Prophet series of video cards,
anyway?

-- hendrik