Re: No Screens Found

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:47:49 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

sorry, should have guessed. Are your machine's networked? can they be? ssh saved my butt last week as my Trident card doesn't work with current (at that time) x.org and left my screen unreadable, even the virtual terminals. ssh'd in from another box, and edited and /etc/init.d/xdm restart'ed to my hearts content. Something really cool about restarting X on another machine like that. anyway, might help eliminate the "sneaker-net"

They are not networked. They can be, but the process of installing cards and configuring the network seems to be an open invitation for more problems.

lspci -b reveals

0000:00:0d.0 VGA compatible controller: Trident Microsystems TG...
now 0d is hex for 13. I know my trident card is at PCI:00:13:00 due to past experimenting... so maybe. big fat shot in the dark.

I first tried the blank, default entry. No difference. I'll try the lspci -b and see what I get.