Re: Ubunto vs. Debian

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

> Benjamin Sher's comments on Re: Ubunto vs. Debian were as follows:
> # > Please use the same thread. Please do not open different threads
> for the
> # > same topic that is still active. Your reply could as well go into the
> # > thread titled "Debian or Ubuntu Dilemma".
> #
> # Dear raju:
> #
> # My apologies. I didn't have a copy of the letter so I tried to
> recreate the
> # heading.
> <RANT>
> It's nig-picking like this that makes some people not want to use
> mailing lists.

It's also "nig-picking" like this that makes mailing lists consistent
and easily searchable / organizable /etc for the community as a whole.

I agree some tolerance should be extended, and kindness always. But the
community does have its mores, and educating newbies to those mores is
part of welcoming them into the community.

btw Benjamin, when wanting to reply to a thread and you no longer have a
message from that thread, you can do so from the archives. Find the
message (such as
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/07/msg02273.html), and near the
bottom you'll find a link to "Reply to: debian-user@lists.debian.org".

--