Re: Debian or Ubuntu Dilemma

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 07:11:55 -0700, Bernie Betlach wrote:

> I'm new to Linux but have a little programming experience.  Which should I
> install Ubuntu or Debian???

No doubt: Debian

Reason: I tried Ubuntu, is nice to install, recognised my hardware.
The great and decisive 'but': packages are less reliable to install; when
I did it, transcode would not install; and a few more that you might
consider 'non-free' respectively multimedia-related.

So I sighed off Ubuntu and subscribed to Debian another time.

Uwe