Re: Ubunto vs. Debian

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 07:51:27PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

> btw Benjamin, when wanting to reply to a thread and you no longer have a
> message from that thread, you can do so from the archives. Find the
> message (such as
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/07/msg02273.html), and near the
> bottom you'll find a link to "Reply to: debian-user@lists.debian.org".

I commented on this point too.  But this solution doesn't really work for me.
I find that:
  (a) I may never have noticed that link!
  (b) mail sent from a browser often goes astray, or (better, because I know
    it) crashes the browser.
  (c) it still doesn't give me a copy of the message in my local mail folder
    at home -- so the reply may be linked for everyone else, but not
    for me.
An option to have a copy of the message (or entire thread) sent to
my own email address *with all the appropriate headers* would solve
these problems.

-- hendrik