Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Sunday July 17 2005 5:53 pm, Stephen R Laniel wrote:

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 03:28:55PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

Please *READ* what you're being told.  It says cdrecord won't run
as root, and running k3bsetup will solve the problem.  Why is
that hard to understand?

I realize you're trying to avoid getting the list
overwhelmed with newbie complaints, but I'd urge you to
think about how many newbie users are going to get scared
away from even asking for help if people are mean to them --
as I think you were, above. Ditto calling them 'lusers.' Do
you want to get new users to Linux, or not?

Yes.  However, I don't see any reason for anyone in any market to
cater to the totally clueless without paying for it.  I'll gladly
point out the obvious for newbies at a negotiable but fair rate of
$15/hr and be friendly about it.

If you are an experienced Debian user then just don't bother with this kind of questions. Leave them to be  answered by less experienced users (like me), who want to start contributing to Debian comunity. For me it is not difficult to help a lost newbie in Debian world, since I was the same not long ago. This way we all share a part of responsability/pleasure for helping Debian users and thus making Debian community more useful and friendly.
When his questions become more difficult then you can jump in and solve the problem.

--
Mitja Podreka
http://mitja.kizej.net