Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

On Sunday July 17 2005 5:53 pm, Stephen R Laniel wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 03:28:55PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > Please *READ* what you're being told.  It says cdrecord won't run
> > as root, and running k3bsetup will solve the problem.  Why is
> > that hard to understand?
>
> I realize you're trying to avoid getting the list
> overwhelmed with newbie complaints, but I'd urge you to
> think about how many newbie users are going to get scared
> away from even asking for help if people are mean to them --
> as I think you were, above. Ditto calling them 'lusers.' Do
> you want to get new users to Linux, or not?

Yes.  However, I don't see any reason for anyone in any market to
cater to the totally clueless without paying for it.  I'll gladly
point out the obvious for newbies at a negotiable but fair rate of
$15/hr and be friendly about it.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca