Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

On Sunday July 17 2005 6:24 am, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> The question has come up whether K3b should be run as user or as
> root.

No.  If you have to ask whether you need to run something as root, the
answer is no.

> After being admonished not to run it as root, I changed my
> setting back to user. Now, when I tried to run it, I got an error
> message from the author urging me to run it as root only. Here is
> the screenshot:
>
> http://www.websher.net/temp/k3b1.jpg

Please *READ* what you're being told.  It says cdrecord won't run as
root, and running k3bsetup will solve the problem.  Why is that hard
to understand?

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca