Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

On Sunday 17 July 2005 08:57 am, Kent West wrote:
> Benjamin Sher wrote:
> >>
> >>You're doing something wrong.  K3b does NOT have to be run from the root
> >>account.
> >
> >I am only reporting what the author says. I installed K3b from apt-get.
> > When I tried to use it, I got this message. After being told that I
> > should run K3b as user, I switched to user, but as soon as I tried to run
> > it as user, I got the author's admonition again. So, to be on the safe
> > side, I'm going to stick with his recommendation.
>
> Hmm; I just did a dist-upgrade on my system (using Sid), and fired up
> K3b as a normal user. I did not get any such warning. This, along with
> your Konqueror issues, makes me wonder; did you install Debian and have
> stuck with Debian, or did you maybe start with Knoppix/Ubuntu/etc, and
> maybe have added in some non-Debian sources? If the latter, that could
> be the cause of your woes.
>
> --
> Kent

Dear Kent:

No, absolutely not!

I downloaded the Debian 3.1 iso, burned it into a CD and installed it clean
and fresh into its own separate disk (dev/hdd), which I made sure Debian
first deleted, then partitioned, then formatted, then installed.

And, once again, I do not have any such problem with any other browser
(Firefox, Mozilla, Gaelon, Epiphany). This is a Konqueror issue. At least,
that's what I think.

Benjamin

Benjamin