Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

On Sunday 17 July 2005 08:48 am, Carl Fink wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 08:24:03AM -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> > Dear friends:
> >
> > The question has come up whether K3b should be run as user or as root.
> > After being admonished not to run it as root, I changed my setting back
> > to user. Now, when I tried to run it, I got an error message from the
> > author urging me to run it as root only. Here is the screenshot:
>
> You're doing something wrong.  K3b does NOT have to be run from the root
> account.
>
> The k3b binary is owned by root on my system.  Is that what you're talking
> about?
> --
> Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
> If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.
> 	-Bruce Tognazzini

Dear Carl:

I am only reporting what the author says. I installed K3b from apt-get. When I
tried to use it, I got this message. After being told that I should run K3b
as user, I switched to user, but as soon as I tried to run it as user, I got
the author's admonition again. So, to be on the safe side, I'm going to stick
with his recommendation.

Benjamin