Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 08:57:22AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> your Konqueror issues, makes me wonder; did you install Debian and have
> stuck with Debian, or did you maybe start with Knoppix/Ubuntu/etc, and
> maybe have added in some non-Debian sources? If the latter, that could
> be the cause of your woes.

Not sure about Benjamin, but I'm running k3b under Ubuntu
and I don't get the 'you must run as root' error that he's
talking about. Here's what the apt-cache policy on my end
says about it:

k3b:
  Installed: 0.12.2-0ubuntu1
  Candidate: 0.12.2-0ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 0.12.2-0ubuntu1 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com breezy/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.11.23-0ubuntu3 0
        500 http://archive.ubuntu.com hoary/main Packages

Like I said in the other message, I think it may be that
Benjamin needs to change permissions or group memberships.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve@laniels.org