Re: K3b should be run as ROOT!

Benjamin Sher wrote:

>On Sunday 17 July 2005 08:48 am, Carl Fink wrote:
>

>>On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 08:24:03AM -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
>>

>>>The question has come up whether K3b should be run as user or as root.
>>>After being admonished not to run it as root, I changed my setting back
>>>to user. Now, when I tried to run it, I got an error message from the
>>>author urging me to run it as root only. Here is the screenshot:
>>>

>>You're doing something wrong.  K3b does NOT have to be run from the root
>>account.
>>

>I am only reporting what the author says. I installed K3b from apt-get. When I
>tried to use it, I got this message. After being told that I should run K3b
>as user, I switched to user, but as soon as I tried to run it as user, I got
>the author's admonition again. So, to be on the safe side, I'm going to stick
>with his recommendation.

Hmm; I just did a dist-upgrade on my system (using Sid), and fired up
K3b as a normal user. I did not get any such warning. This, along with
your Konqueror issues, makes me wonder; did you install Debian and have
stuck with Debian, or did you maybe start with Knoppix/Ubuntu/etc, and
maybe have added in some non-Debian sources? If the latter, that could
be the cause of your woes.

--
Kent