Re: Can you launch URL from email application

Benjamin Sher wrote:

>On Friday 15 July 2005 10:21 pm, Benjamin Sher wrote:
>

>>From:           	Kent West <westk@acu.edu>
>>
>>Benjamin Sher wrote:
>>

>>>I tested the URL again and here is what happened: When I click on the URL,
>>>the box comes up. Normally, after a while I just get fed up and shut it
>>>down. This time I decided to wait it out. At last, after an eternity, two
>>>things happen: first I see the skeletal form of my home page (no images),
>>>then, after another eternity, I see the site itself. So, clearly, it's
>>>working but at a snail's pace. Here are the screenshots as it happens:
>>>
>>>http://www.websher.net/temp/openURL2.jpg
>>>http://www.websher.net/temp/openURL3.jpg
>>>
>>>The mail client is Kmail. The browser is Konqueror. Please remember that
>>>it works perfectly well with Evolution and Thunderbird.
>>>

>>And from your wife's account?
>>

>A very good guess but not quite. I tested Kmail in my wife's account. Exact
>same problem: first a box, then after quite a while you see the outlines of
>my web site (i.e. sans the images), then in the progress bar you can see 25%.
>Then, after another excruciating minute, the entire page downloads. When it
>does, it looks fine. I am sure it's just a matter of speed.

I'd try using Konqueror directly, and manually typing in (or pasting)
the address. If it still comes up slow, the problem is Konqueror, and
Kmail is out of the equation. In that case, I'd probably try clearing
out the cache, turning off Java/Javascript/Flash/etc, and trying that.

--
Kent