Re: Can you launch URL from email application

On Friday 15 July 2005 10:21 pm, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Date sent:      	Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:52:47 -0500
> From:           	Kent West <westk@acu.edu>
> To:             	debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject:        	Re: Can you launch URL from email application
> Forwarded by:   	debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date forwarded: 	Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:52:59 -0500 (CDT)
>
> [ Double-click this line for list subscription options ]
>
> Benjamin Sher wrote:
> >I tested the URL again and here is what happened: When I click on the URL,
> > the box comes up. Normally, after a while I just get fed up and shut it
> > down. This time I decided to wait it out. At last, after an eternity, two
> > things happen: first I see the skeletal form of my home page (no images),
> > then, after another eternity, I see the site itself. So, clearly, it's
> > working but at a snail's pace. Here are the screenshots as it happens:
> >
> >http://www.websher.net/temp/openURL2.jpg
> >http://www.websher.net/temp/openURL3.jpg
> >
> >The mail client is Kmail. The browser is Konqueror. Please remember that
> > it works perfectly well with Evolution and Thunderbird.
>
> And from your wife's account?
>
> --
> Kent

Dear Kent:

A very good guess but not quite. I tested Kmail in my wife's account. Exact
same problem: first a box, then after quite a while you see the outlines of
my web site (i.e. sans the images), then in the progress bar you can see 25%.
Then, after another excruciating minute, the entire page downloads. When it
does, it looks fine. I am sure it's just a matter of speed.

Benjamin