Re: SBC DSL Service

On 07/11/2005 07:06 pm, Raquel Rice wrote:

> I use SBC DSL, and their router, with no problems.
>
> The service person came and made sure it was all hooked up and
> working.  I setup the correct IP numbers in my computers and it all
> works fine.  I don't use anything but their lines ... meaning that I
> haven't gone and setup a username/password or use their email
> services.

I use SBC too and when I first signed up, the person who took my order freaked
when I mentioned Linux.

I had to use Roaring Penguin but later the PPPoE kernel module came out so I
don't think Roaring Penguin is needed anymore.  I now use a DSL router so all
I did was plug it in and it worked.  The router (Linksys BEFS41-V3) has
worked very well for two years and I have only recently started having
problems with it.  A few days ago there were two brief power outages on the
same day and the router forgot all its settings.  It never did that after a
power outage before, it started up and remembered all settings.

The past couple of times I phoned SBC because of problems with the service,
they were more accepting of Linux and did not tell me the old story about
having to use Microbilly's OS.

8)