SBC DSL Service

I was contacted by SBC(telephone service) about DSL service which I want. While talking to the rep, found out that their DSL service wont work on Linux OS(they say just MSWindows and MacIntosh OS). I find this hard to believe and am wondering if someone in SBC's service region is using it and can fill me in on the details. As best I can get out of SBC, the problem is involved in accessing the linux windows gui. It seems that all the modem drivers are built in and are not accessable except by the GUI. No other high speed internet service is availale in my location and it would be nice if there is someway that I could use it. If there is anyone using this service via SBC, I would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Appreciate any replys.

Leonard Chatagnier