Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 bug or my own stupidity?

  jh> I wrote:
  >> Doesn't matter to su.

  jh> That isn't true.

Correct, BUT the GNU version of su is significantly more useful than the
traditional version (how anyone made the original su, newgrp, etc. so
utterly lame--and why no one bothered to fix them for all those years--is
beyond me).

  su -s /bin/bash xxxx

will work regardless of xxxx's default shell.

Cheers!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortel.com>           HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools