Re: PostgreSQL 8.0 bug or my own stupidity?

[11/07/2005 -- 16:41u] Clive Menzies:

> > Firstly, the su-to-postgres doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > I hope I'm not overlooking something very obvious, or otherwise asking
> > the wrong questions, but could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Not really answering your question directly nor being in anyway expert
> having just installed postgresql for the first time just recently, I did
> the following as postgres:
>
> $ psql
>
> and then created created users using SQL.

The longer this takes, the more I'm getting afraid I'm missing something
obvious, but what do you mean with "as postgres"? How do you become that
user...? It's login shell is /bin/false -- if I knew how to issue
commands in postgres' name, the README.Debian.gz approach (createuser)
would work too, but that's exactly the problem... *g*

Thanks though,
Tom

--
keys: http://tmp.verbreyt.be/files/ (abwaerts.asc & verbreyt.asc)