Enlightenment and long menus

Hi!

I'm using Enlightenment (0.16.5-6), which seems to have a problem with
 long menus, eg. ones that have more entries than will fit on the
 desktop. When I select one of those (like Debian Menus/Apps/Net), I
 see it pop up shortly, then it instantly vanishes.

Any hints on how I could make such menus actually useful? Maybe have
 them wrap into multiple columns or somesuch. google and the mailing
 list archives haven't been of much help (though I might've missed the
 proper search terms). Any pointers appreciated.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "That which does not kill us, usually still hurts."
-- "That's just life, I'm afraid."