Re: Enlightenment and long menus

Hi

Robert Waldner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using Enlightenment (0.16.5-6), which seems to have a problem with
>  long menus, eg. ones that have more entries than will fit on the
>  desktop. When I select one of those (like Debian Menus/Apps/Net), I
>  see it pop up shortly, then it instantly vanishes.

Enlightenment uses the debian menu structure which has per default many
entries and I think the version you are using has had some problems with
icon rescaling. Therefore the longer menus don't fit on the screen at all.

> Any hints on how I could make such menus actually useful? Maybe have
>  them wrap into multiple columns or somesuch. google and the mailing
>  list archives haven't been of much help (though I might've missed the
>  proper search terms). Any pointers appreciated.

I only have a few very poor hints, you probably already thought of:
- Make a user menu for the applications you want to use.
- The more recent versions of enlightenment seem to handle rescaling better
- Enlightenment has its own mailinglist. You can find it under
www.enlightenment.org. It might be a good idea asking your question
there. The new maintainer of E16 Kim Woelders is really doing a good job
in making it better.

Best regards,
Nikolai

--