Re: Enlightenment and long menus

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 10:43:22PM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using Enlightenment (0.16.5-6), which seems to have a problem with
>  long menus, eg. ones that have more entries than will fit on the
>  desktop. When I select one of those (like Debian Menus/Apps/Net), I
>  see it pop up shortly, then it instantly vanishes.
>
> Any hints on how I could make such menus actually useful? Maybe have
>  them wrap into multiple columns or somesuch. google and the mailing
>  list archives haven't been of much help (though I might've missed the
>  proper search terms). Any pointers appreciated.

Could be a real estate issue?

Is the screen resolution set correctly in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
i.e

SubSection "Display"
                Depth           8
                Modes           "800x600" "640x480"
		                 ^^^^^^^^
EndSubSection

Adjust to your resolution and depth(s) of course.

Reading your post again, makes me think I'm barking up the wrong tree.
But you did say "Any pointers appreciated."

--
Chris.
======