Re: encrypting the users' folders

As with Windows NT security, it is false that no one can read the data on the disk. If you boot with a proper rescue CD that can read NTFS, then you can read everything, regardless of permission. In Mac OS X you have the option to encrypt home directories, but there is the possibility to have a master key to unlock everything, just in case.

From this one can learn two lessons: 1) windows security is flawed. 2) in unix systems you CAN encrypt home directories.

The point is how easy is to implement this security on the computer. For this reason I use OSX in shared computers, and Debian on my portable. I just don't know how to do it, even if I'm sure it can be done. Discover which tool OSX uses to do the task and you are done.