Re: LILO bug?

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Marty wrote:

> True, but in combination with the other evidence, it's pretty clear that
> LILO wrote to the SCSI disk.  I have no alternate explanation.

lots of possible explanations, but....

> Thanks for your input but there may be no point in tying up more list
> bandwidth.  I'll probably just go ahead and file the bug report.

you can file a report .. but.. you'd be asked:

a) can you reproduce the bug

	- start from a clean/freash /dev/sda and /dev/hda  and
	do the lilo test

	- you should also be able to show BEFORE and after images
	  of the mbr .. and "which mbr" and how it was created

b) which version of lilo...
	- you'd be expected to be using the lastest one

	- very few bug fixes would be back ported
	or should be bacported vs just updating to latest

lilo and grub boot problems are common issues ...

c ya
alvin