Re: installing sarge to lvm

Ryan Schultz <schultz.ryan@gmail.com> wrote:
| On Wednesday 29 June 2005 11:46 pm, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
| > On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:39:03PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
| > > I'm confused by the sarge installer. I have a single 250g hard drive
| > > that I would like to manage entirely with lvm. The installer wants to
| > > partition the drive *before* configuring lvm but I thought that
| > > partitions existed within the lvm. Have I misunderstood? How should I do
| > > the initial partitioning? Do I setup a small boot and then the rest as
| > > root?

IMHO there's no need using LVM with the actually large HD's.
I've a box with LVM with little HD capacity ( 4G).
Every partition have the LVM support EXCEPT /boot.
At now no problems.
/dev/hda1       /boot           ext3    defaults        0       2
/dev/mapper/gv_hda5-vl_data /data          ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/mapper/gv_hdb-lv_home /home      ext3    acl,defaults        1
2
/dev/mapper/gv_hdb-lv_res  /res            ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/mapper/gv_hda5-vl_usr /usr            ext3    defaults        1 2
/dev/mapper/gv_hda5-vl_var /var       ext3    acl,defaults        1
2

mess-mate
--
Never reveal your best argument.