Sarge Install | From floppy & DVD | Not finding hard drive or wireless

Hi,

Installing for the first time. I have Sarge on DVD, but my machine
won't boot from them so
using floppys. Using the boot.img, root.img and cd-drivers.img from the 1st DVD.

Problem 1 - Does not detect my Belkin 802.11g PCI card (F5D7000).
I will leave this until after install to fix, but it means I have no network

The installer then insists on trying to find a mirror - of course it
can't with no network.

Problem 2 - In hardware detect it says it is missing a load of files:
ata_piix
ide-scsi
ide-mod
ide-probe-mod
ide-generic
ide-floppy

I then can't partition or install because it "can't find any
partitionable drives".

It have a feeling that I need to point the installer to the DVD rather
than a mirror and it will find these files and install - but I just
can't see how to do this. I know it is reading from the DVD after
asking for the driver floppy, so it is def. mounted. Am I missing an
installation option?

The machine is a Dell 5000 with SATA HDD on SATA -0, CD-Rom on IDE
(primary) and DVD writer on IDE (secondary).

Thanks a lot,

David Hart